Monday, October 29, 2012

7 Essential Questions

The Serge site: http://serge.ccsso.org/essential_questions.html

Lists seven challenging questions for teachers to insure their curriculum is meeting the needs of all students. Here are a few examples: 1.) are students learning under the methods I am evoking and if not how can I include all students in my curriculum? 2.) Classroom management is less about keeping student in line and more focused on creating a safe environment for learning. 3.) Get to know your students, take note of their learning styles and needs (i.e. English Language Learners) and accommodate in your class. I found this website useful because it provides good challenging questions for teachers to contemplate as they set up their classroom. I found the section on classroom management to be most helpful because it focuses on inclusion and safety instead of punishment for differences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment